Business (A Level)
The A Level course is an exciting and dynamic subject that reflects the ever-changing nature of the business world. Students will study a wide range of business concepts and theories; from human resources, finance and marketing to business strategy, all of which will give them a winning edge in the increasing number of Business related UCAS applications. The course aims to introduce students to the principles of business and how to set up a business, including researching the market and employing people. The course also aims to focus on the strategic management of larger organisations and exploring how businesses manage change.
We aim to
- ensure that students are challenged and stretched within the lessons
- give our students the opportunity to develop their skills and explore a wider learning context.
- enable students to go out into the world of work with the attributes necessary to be successful
- help students develop a range of skills including personal learning and thinking skills
- achieve the highest student attainment,
- provide opportunities and feedback for students to improve work.
- provide students with the use of technology and resources to enhance their learning
- support students through their studies with an open door policy
Our vision is for our students to be entrepreneurial, independent learners, confident presenters and strong team players.
Please below to see full details of the course in our: Business Studies Curriculum and Assessment booklet