Business (A Level)
The A Level course is an exciting and dynamic subject that reflects the ever-changing nature of the business world. Students will study a wide range of business concepts and theories; from human resources, finance and marketing to business strategy, all of which will give them a winning edge in the increasing number of Business related UCAS applications. The course aims to introduce students to the principles of business and how to set up a business, including researching the market and employing people. The course also aims to focus on the strategic management of larger organisations and exploring how businesses manage change.
We aim to
- ensure that students are challenged and stretched within the lessons
- give our students the opportunity to develop their skills and explore a wider learning context.
- enable students to go out into the world of work with the attributes necessary to be successful
- help students develop a range of skills including personal learning and thinking skills
- achieve the highest student attainment,
- provide opportunities and feedback for students to improve work.
- provide students with the use of technology and resources to enhance their learning
- support students through their studies with an open door policy
Our vision is for our students to be entrepreneurial, independent learners, confident presenters and strong team players.