We regularly update the main menu choices which will always include a vegetarian / vegan option, please see below for the most recent menu choices. In addition to the main menu we offer additional items which include Jacket Potatoes, Sandwiches and a Salad Bar.
We have 3 separate station's which the students can choose from. The Main Canteen, known as the Refectory, has the main serving counter along with our separate salad bar. Outside we have Bertha's which is our food kiosk, serving a range of snacks, paninis, baguettes and homemade cakes.
We are very approachable and if you have any worries/concerns about allergens in any of our food products, please do not hesitate to ask one of our canteen staff members who will be more than happy to assist you. Students are encouraged to discuss any allergies they may have with the canteen staff before making their lunch choices.
Free school meals
Children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals;
- Income Support (IS).
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Child Tax Credit (most recent award notice - with n Working Tax Credit AND annual income not exceeding £16,190)
- Guarantee element of pension credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
The Free School Meals team at Plymouth City Council will be pleased to assist you with any queries, suggestions or improvements and can be contacted in the following ways.
By Phone: 01752 307410
By Email: email@example.com
- Claims are currently renewed yearly. The Free School Meals Department, Department of Children’s Services send pre-printed application forms to the school for distribution before the claim is due to expire.
- From April 23rd 2019 you can apply on line for Free School Meals by following this link: https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/schoolseducationchildcareskillsandemployability/freeschoolmeals then click on HOW TO APPLY then APPLY FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS. You can also download a paper copy of the online form and pass into the schl reception.
- The person claiming the benefit must sign the application form and produce the correct evidence;
- All evidence for Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance must be dated within 8 weeks, as the letter must be recent.
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance letters must have that specific name in the letter, as Contribution Based Job Seeker’s do not qualify. This information is usually on page 3 or 4 of the letter.
- Employment and support Allowance Income Related (ESA(IR) letters must have that specific name in the letter, as Contribution based ESA does not qualify. This should be on page 2 of the letter.
Awards from the Inland Revenue must be TC602; renewal awards TC603 are not accepted.
Should you have any questions about this, or any other free school meal queries please get in touch with Miss J Straker at Plymouth High School for Girls on 01752 208308 or firstname.lastname@example.org