Values and Beliefs
This school is committed to the promotion of a group of core values in the expectation that they will be embraced by all members of our wider school community. These core values are:
- Consideration for others
- Tolerance and Respect
- Honesty and Integrity
By embodying these values in the day-to-day running of the school we aspire to create a vibrant and cohesive academic environment.
All our students are gifted, many with unconventional talents. Our aim is to seek out these gifts and talents, give direction and opportunity for them to flourish and to celebrate success.
We are exceptionally proud of our students. They enjoy being at school, are bright and happy and bring unique talents to our community.
Plymouth High School provides the freedom and security for our students to be themselves.
- Can access a wide range of opportunities which enable them to follow their interests and aspirations.
- Can access a curriculum that is designed to ensure that all of our students experience a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum which is also flexible and evolving, able to meet the needs of all our learners and appropriate to the rapidly changing world in which they live and work.
- Are challenged to achieve their potential and attain the highest standards.
- Are treated as individuals. We support them as they grow into thinking young people and caring, active citizens.
- Develop an understanding of internationalism, global citizenship and intercultural awareness. We hope they will contribute to the development of a just and equal society. Once they leave school they are ready to take positions of responsibility and leadership in a global society.
- Develop self-esteem and a positive sense of identity. They are able to form worthwhile relationships based on tolerance and respect.
- Take personal responsibility for their learning and contribute to high standards of behaviour and expectation.
- Ask questions, solve problems, apply their skills and defend their arguments with clarity and determination.
- Are encouraged to be independent and engage critically with ideas. We challenge them to take intellectual risks in every direction.
We work hard to ensure learning is always enjoyable with lessons that are creative, imaginative and exciting.