Children whose parents receive the following support payments are entitled to receive free school meals;
- Income Support (IS).
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Child Tax Credit (most recent award notice - with n Working Tax Credit AND annual income not exceeding £16,190)
- Guarantee element of pension credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Claims are currently renewed yearly. The Free School Meals Department, Department of Children’s Services send pre-printed application forms to the school for distribution before the claim is due to expire.
- You can obtain a Free School Meals application form from the PHSG Reception.
- The person claiming the benefit must sign the application form and produce the correct evidence;
- All evidence for Income Support, Jobseekers Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance must be dated within 8 weeks, as the letter must be recent.
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance letters must have that specific name in the letter, as Contribution Based Job Seeker’s do not qualify. This information is usually on page 3 or 4 of the letter.
- Employment and support Allowance Income Related (ESA(IR) letters must have that specific name in the letter, as Contribution based ESA does not qualify. This should be on page 2 of the letter.
Awards from the Inland Revenue must be TC602; renewal awards TC603 are not accepted.