Admission to the school is by means of the City’s selection procedure. Details of this procedure and other arrangements for transfer at age 11 can be found in the ‘Next Step Parents Guide’ which is available from the Plymouth City Council website www.plymouth.gov.uk
The school’s planned admission number for each year group is 120. Last year there were more applications than places available. There may be places available for students seeking transfer in years 8, 9 and 10. Admission is by means of a selection test and application should be made to Plymouth City Council.
Grammar school places are allocated according to proven ability in the 11-plus examination.
- The PHSG admission test assesses the student's potential by using GL Assessment English Comprehension and Mathematics papers (multiple choice)and an extended writing paper (used only in the case of an appeal). For September 2017 entry the examination dates are Saturday 17th September for the English Comprehension Paper and Saturday 24th September for the Mathematics and local written English Papers (2 separate papers).
- You need to register your child with the Local Authority to take the 11-plus. The registration process will be available between 25th April and 2nd September 2016.
To register your daughter to sit the 11 + Examination, parents/carers need to access the Plymouth City
- The girls' results will be sent out on 12th October 2016.
- The results of the examination will not confirm that a place will be offered. The letter is intended to allow parents time to make an informed choice of school before the closing date for secondary applications on 31st October 2016.
- Offer letters will be issued on the offer date of 1st March 2017. Only at this stage will you know if your child has been successful in gaining a place.
For any further 11+ enquiries, please visit the Plymouth City Council website, http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/homepage/education/schools/schooladmissions/secondaryadmissions.htm or telephone directly to the Admissions Team on 01752 307470.