Admission to the school is by means of the City’s selection procedure. Details of this procedure and other arrangements for transfer at age 11 can be found in the ‘Next Step Parents Guide’ which is available from the Plymouth City Council website www.plymouth.gov.uk
The school’s planned admission number for each year group is 120. Last year there were more applications than places available. There may be places available for students seeking transfer in years 8, 9 and 10. Admission is by means of a selection test and application should be made to Plymouth City Council.
Grammar school places are allocated according to proven ability in the 11-plus examination.
- The PHSG admission test assesses the student's potential by using GL Assessment English Comprehension and Mathematics papers (multiple choice) and an extended writing paper (used only in the case of an appeal).
- You need to register your child with the Local Authority to take the 11-plus, either via the Plymouth City Council website: http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/11plus.htm, telephone 01752 307469 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The girls' results will be sent out on 11th October 2017.
- The results of the examination will not confirm that a place will be offered. The letter is intended to allow parents time to make an informed choice of school before the closing date for secondary applications on 31st October 2017.
- Offer letters will be issued on the offer date of 1st March 2018. Only at this stage will you know if your child has been successful in gaining a place. Parents/carers to respond to the offer by 15th March 2018.
For any further 11+ enquiries, please visit the Plymouth City Council website, http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/homepage/education/schools/schooladmissions/secondaryadmissions.htm or telephone directly to the Admissions Team on 01752 307470.