Admission to the school is by means of the City’s selection procedure. Details of this procedure and other arrangements for transfer at age 11 can be found in the ‘Next Step Parents Guide’ which is available from the Plymouth City Council website https://www.plymouth.gov.uk/childrenandfamilies/schoolseducationskillsandemployability/schooladmissions
The school’s planned admission number for each year group is 120. Last year there were more applications than places available. There may be places available for students seeking transfer in years 8, 9 and 10. Admission is by means of a selection test and application should be made to Plymouth City Council.
Grammar school places are allocated according to proven ability in the 11-plus examination.
· The PHSG admission test assesses the student's potential by using GL Assessment English Comprehension and Mathematics papers (multiple choice) and an extended writing paper (used only in the case of an appeal). For September 2019 entry the examination dates are Saturday 15th September 2018 for the English Comprehension Paper and local written English Papers (2 separate papers) and Saturday 22nd September 2018 for the Mathematics paper.
· You need to register your child with the Local Authority to take the 11-plus. The registration process will be available between 23rd April 2018 and 31st August 2018.
To register your daughter to sit the 11 + Examination, parents/carers need to access the Plymouth City
Council website: http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/11plus.htm
Telephone: 01752307469 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· The girls' results will be sent out on 11th October 2018.
· The results of the examination will not confirm that a place will be offered. The letter is intended to allow parents time to make an informed choice of school before the closing date for secondary applications on 31st October 2018.
· Offer letters will be issued on the offer date of 1st March 2019. Only at this stage will you know if your child has been successful in gaining a place. Parents/carers to respond to the offer by 15th March 2019.
For any further 11+ enquiries, please visit the Plymouth City Council website, http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/homepage/education/schools/schooladmissions/secondaryadmissions.htm or telephone directly to the Admissions Team on 01752 307470.